If your browser supports Refresh, you'll be transported to richardirvine.net.nz in 5 seconds, otherwise, select the link manually. Thank you

Monday, February 26, 2007

"Lord, the Black Caps totally rocked my world"




A Mormon missionary stands on your door step and talks you through the recent Chappell-Hadlee series to establish rapport.

G'day my main mate.

Did you catch the big cricket games in the weekend, amigo? Lemme tell ya - I sucked back a few Banana Primos watching that one.

Matthew Hayden? The Aussie's lead off guy? His hitting was SICK! In the time out I was all "there's no way these Kiwis are coming back" man, they are lower than a punctured bike tyre, and but I was so wrong. I hadn't been that excited since the last America's Cup. Wait. No, I wasn't excited about that. That sucked. Dang.

Craig MacMillian? He was TOTALLY in my face. Eh. How many homers did that guy hit? BAM! And Shane Bond, man, when he comes in with his fast ball me and the fellas at the dorm were too psyched. We we rockin' man, you should have been there - Elder Zach had to come down to our room and at first he was all "You guys simmer down", and we were all "No way Jose, this game's going right to the bottom of the ninth, you gotta get down with the Cricket" and he was all like "Whoah - these Kiwis are kicking some SERIOUS hiney" and soon he was chugging on Banana Primos like he was one of the guys. We still took a lickin' the next morning, but we were high on cricket, dude. And God.

Man, I can't wait to tell the guys back in Salt Lake City about cricket, they show it on ESPN 5. Baseball? No-one's gonna care dude, I'm a total wicket head now, I swear. Eh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

brilliant