If your browser supports Refresh, you'll be transported to richardirvine.net.nz in 5 seconds, otherwise, select the link manually. Thank you

Monday, October 08, 2007

Office voice of doom really looking forward to work on Monday


SRNZPA: Christchurch product manager Tom Hopping spent Sunday planning his Monday morning at work, following the All Blacks' shock World Cup exit. "I knew all along we'd lose - now is my time".

"First off, I hope I run into number one Graham Henry fanboy Dan from accounts in the car park, I wanna get stuck into him about the rotation thing" said Hopping. "Then, I'll make coffee really slowly in the kitchen just to pick the sales team off with a few 'I told you so's'. I'll get straight on the email after that, I can cover a lot of ground fairly quickly that way".

Hopping has maintained the All Blacks would fail to break the 20 year World Cup hoodoo since 2004. "I was packing myself after the Lions tour, we were looking pretty sharp for a while there. I'm rapt everyone's dreams are shattered now".

The water dispenser or the photocopier were both candidates for morning tea from 10.45 to 11.00am. "At the water dispenser, people would have to listen to me for, I'm guessing, about 30 seconds on average. I can't get that kind of time at the printer, unless there's a paper jam. That could buy me a good couple of minutes. I'll just have to make that call on the day".

'Heads will roll', 'Gutless wonders', 'It's '99 all over again', along with strangled choking noises will form the basis of Hopping's Monday morning arsenal. "So many people are wrong, and I'm right. Monday's going to be the best day ever. I hope no-ones away sick, but I 'spose I could clean them up Tuesday or Wednesday".

Lunchtime would signal the peak of Hopping's cavalcade of vindication - "I'm going to get a phone card and give Millsy a bell on his mobile, he'll be just getting off a plane in Paris. Hopefully he hasn't heard, and I can break it to him myself, that'd be the icing on the cake. Isn't it great to be alive"?

No comments: